Tuesday, August 18, 2009

Hard times

First, I would like to begin by saying that this post, I am writing now is a difficult one for me to share. Up until a few weeks ago, Maya has been great. She has always been such a wonderful easy kid (for the most part). She was always happy and eager to "help." Now, things have changed A LOT! I think we have officially hit "THE TERRIBLE TWO'S. For the past couple of months, I have been trying to prepare myself for what was going to be happening. Well, I can say that none of the books, people I have talked too, or advice from our doctor could have prepared me. Now, it seems that each and everyday is a struggle and a challenge! I feel like things are completely out of control. I am extremely tired and worn out. I am tired of the crying, the tantrums, the whining, the throwing of toys, stepping and standing on toys, tearing pages out of books, jumping off furniture, and saying "no." It is absolutely driving me CRAZY!! I am tired of feeling like the "bad" person in giving time outs, reasoning, and compromising with an almost two year old. I mean it when I say that I am drained. I am trying to pick my "battles" with what is REALLY important, but really, it just doesn't help. It is so terrible for me to say that I totally look forward in putting Maya down for her nap and at bedtime. That is my time, to get recharged! Each night I pray that the following day will get better and easier, but so far it hasn't happened. I know that this will pass, but when? Normally I am such a happy go lucky person, but sadly, I have felt like I am just in survival mode. This is hard! I know that Maya is just exploring her independence, but holy cow. Many times a day, I have to keep reminding myself, that she IS a good kid and that this is just a "stage in her life." I sincerely hope that it passes sooner than later. Don't get me wrong....I love being a stay at home mom, but right now things are tough.

No comments: