Wednesday, August 25, 2010

A funny story

I thought this was too funny not to post.


Just FYI....Tuesday is our garbage day.

Now, onto the story. Monday late afternoon, Stewart gathered all the garbage and recycle from inside our house and took the bins/cans to the curb. We then had dinner and afterwards, Stewart took both girls out to play with the neighbor kids. When they returned about 1.5 hours later, there was a pair of my black dress shoes next to the door that I put there. When Maya walked in, she said, "mommy,why are your shoes here?" I said, "well one of straps is broken so I need to throw them out. Do you want to take them to the garbage can for me? I will stay here at the door and watch you." She eagerly said, "sure" and with one shoe in each hand she headed out. She went down the stairs, down the driveway and to the curb. (The lid to the garbage can was already partly opened) When she got to the garbage can, she immediately threw the broken shoe in. She then set the "good" shoe down on the grass and put the lid back onto the can. As she headed up the driveway, I yelled, "Maya you need to throw the shoe that you are holding into the can too." She looked at the shoe and yelled back, "no mom, this shoe isn't broken. You can still wear this shoe, don't throw it away!" What could, I say? She was right! There was nothing wrong with the shoe she was holding. I began laughing and a second later, Stewart was laughing too. (He was on the couch feeding Brooklyn a bottle) After a couple of minutes convincing her that in order to wear shoes, you need to have two of the same ones, she ran back down the driveway. She put the shoe on the grass, took the lid off and threw the "good" one in. She then put the garbage can lid back on and ran back up the driveway. As she came running through the door, I said, "hey, thanks Maya for throwing my shoes into the garbage can." As she was taking her shoes off on the ottoman, she said, "when my shoes break, can I throw them away?" While a smile, I said, "yeah, of course you can."

Maya, you are so right. I should have kept the "good" shoe. There was nothing wrong with it. Who says that your shoes need to match?

You make daddy and I laugh all the time. You are SO funny, SO smart and SO adorable! Don't ever change. We love you SO much!

BTW: If you didn't see the most recent post of Maya riding her new bike, you should scroll down and look at it. It is pretty cute.

No comments: