Tuesday, May 12, 2009

Why go to the beach???

When we have a new sandbox in our driveway! Two weeks ago, I found a sandbox on Craigslist; and decided that we needed to get one for Maya. If you know me well, you know that I am a huge supporter of Craigslist. I LOVE CRAIGSLIST!! I am very picky about what I will buy and the condition of the item has to be great! I always know how much I want to spend, and the areas around town that I like to shop at. So the same day that we went to pick up her new sandbox, we also stopped by Home Depot to buy play sand. Stewart and I decided that we wanted her box really full. We bought eight bags thinking we would use probably six of them. Well on Sunday for Mother's Day we decided to break it out. We only needed to use three bags of sand and now we have five to take back. The weather was absolutely beautiful and Maya had a hay day! Check out some adorable pictures.....

Maya pouring the sand from the yellow bucket into the sand wheel.

Trying to see the wheel turn as the sand was falling.

Using the shovel to pour sand into the sand wheel for the first time.

Having a great time playing by herself. When we asked her what she was doing, she said, "scooping sand." When we asked her where she was, she said "Maya's sandbox."

Such a cutie....who cares that you were covered in sand from head to toe!

Mommy and daddy's favorite pictures. You really know how to make our hearts melt!

I think all your new sandbox and new toys were a huge hit. Mommy and daddy know we will be spending a lot of time with you in our driveway playing in the sand.

5 comments:

Andy & Heather Singer said...

Love it!!

Anonymous said...

It's so great to share Maya's day in her sandbox! Can we get a copy of your favorite picture of her in the hat as we love it too?
Grandma Grace

Crystal said...

What a cutie!! Love the pictures.

Thank you so much for your prayers.. it means the WORLD to us!!

The Pifer's said...

CUTE PICS!Love your blog!!! :)

Tiffany Pifer
Thepiferfamily.blogspot.com

Auntie Linda Nemer Singer said...

I love all the great pictures of Maya in action! Love, Auntie Linda & Uncle Gary