Friday, May 1, 2009

Our shoes were made for walking!

Last Saturday, we braved the cold and walked in the March of Dimes-March for babies. We walked in honor of Maya's newest cousins Emily and Ellery. We had a really good time and look forward in walking next year (hopefully the weather will be a little bit warmer!) I am sorry that a few of the pictures are blurry. I was trying to walk and take pictures at the same time!!

Stewart walking with my mom and sister.

Emily and Ellery with their mommy Heather and both grandma's. The grandma's pushed the stroller together the whole time! It was really cute to watch.

Even though Maya doesn't look too happy, she never once asked to get out. We had gotten up early and maybe she was just cold and tired?!

My mom pushing Maya in her stroller. Thank goodness for balloons....it kept Maya occupied for the remainder of the walk.

Here is Emily and Ellery. No smiles from them either? Was it that they were over stimulated, tired, bored, or hungry? Probably all four!

I wasn't going to post this picture, due to Maya picking her nose, but this is one of her newest tricks. Plus, it is a good picture of Stewart and I. I am not sure who taught her to do this, but she is really good at it. When she is picking her nose, she will say "booger in nose." Sometimes she will stick a finger in each nostril at the same time!! Lovely!! What can I say??? I feel like the more I tell her not to pick her nose and to keep her fingers out of her nose, the more she does it. Oh well.

Here we are posing for one last picture at the finish line. All things considered, we only lost one sippy cup and a blue balloon along the route. Not too bad, huh?

3 comments:

lindsay said...

Niiiice, Maya!

Andy & Heather Singer said...

Love the pics! And of course the new finger in the nose trick. I didn't even realize she was doing it in the picture. Oops! Thanks so much for coming out and showing support. Can't wait for next year!

Anonymous said...

I wouldn't have known she was picking her nose. I would have thought she was blowing all of us a kiss! At any rate you all look wonderful even if it was not ideal weather conditions.
Grandma Grace