Tuesday, December 29, 2009

SURPRISE!!

Today we got a special surprise from mother nature...about 2:30 this afternoon, I looked outside and saw SNOW falling. It was awesome! Stewart had just gotten home from work, and it didn't take long, until Maya asked to go out and "see snow." So Stewart bundled Maya up, and she and I took a windy, cold and blustery walk around the block.

Leaving our house. Good thing for my back, that once we started down the driveway, Maya wanted to walk on her own.

"Look mommy, Maya make boot prints in the snow."

"Snow falling fast. Let's make more boot prints."

Maya loved watching the cars drive by. Every time a car passed, she would get all excited and say, "car made tracks in the snow mommy."

Since the snow was blowing so hard in our faces, I suggested that we walk backwards. Maya thought this was so cool. When I suggested that we turn around and walk normally, she said, "Maya like walking backwards, it's funny mommy!"

As we were approaching our home, Maya asked if I could make a letter in the snow. I made lots of O's, M's, A's, C's, and B's. Every time, I got done with one letter, Maya was quick to ask for another.

When we got home, Maya wanted to see her turtle sandbox. We walked up our driveway and she said, "take lid off to see if sand has snow on it?" I had to do a lot of convincing that the sand wouldn't have snow on it, because the lid was on the sandbox. Luckily, I did a good job, because a few minutes later, she said, "Maya go inside and see my baby." (She now calls baby Brooklyn, Maya's baby)

After getting our wet clothes off, daddy put on Dr. Seuss's Horton Hears a Who. Daddy had a great time cuddling up with Maya.

I went out a few hours later and this is what our house looked like. There was a good 4-5 inches!

Daddy will have to get up a few minutes early tomorrow morning to clear his car off.

When I put Maya down for bed tonight, she looked out her window and said, "I am going to go sledding in the morning on Maya's snow." I kissed her goodnight and said, "we will have to see if the snow melts or not." Maya was quick to say, "snow won't melt at Maya's house." I hope it won't, or we will have one very unhappy girl. The forecast is for the snow to turn to rain. We will have to wait and see.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

It sure looks beautiful but cold. I especially love the picture of Maya facing the camera with the snow falling. We miss you. Love, Grandma Grace & Zadie